If you are looking to buy a new carpet for your home, you should know that there are a lot of different kinds of carpets to choose from. Also the kind of carpet you want should match the style of your house interiorly. If you are having a hard time choosing a carpet style, don’t hesitate to call those who are experts with carpet styles.
Usually, carpets are defined on how the carpet fibers are attached to their backing. One method is called the “loop pile,” and this means that the fibers are bent into little loops. They are very sturdy, the material used in this makes staining not a problem, but the comfortability of this carpet is probably not recommended. Under the loop pile, you can also find styles called the Berber and the multi-level loops.
Another style that you should know is the “cut pile carpets.” These kinds of carpets are denser and softer than the loop pile. Here are other styles under this category:
- Plush: This is for areas that have a more formal setting and is more appealing to the eye. It is also smooth to the touch.
- Saxony: This also has a smooth appeal, but it’s microscopic built is long and twisted at the edge. This just means that if someone is to step on it, it will create dents. But if you don’t mind then this might be a good pick for you.
Types Of Carpet Fibers
- Nylon: probably the most popular carpet fiber. It is a very strong material that is hard to tear. However, if you spill a drink, it will probably but if you are lucky there are some stain-resistant treatment you can apply
- Olefin: If you are looking for a nice carpet in your backyard or in your gazebo. Then this is probably the best type of fiber for you because this does not give in to any moisture and mold formation.
- Wool: If you are into being eco-friendly and all natural material. This is the right carpet fiber for you. This an all natural fiber that is highly durable and fights stains pretty well.
Here are the different kinds of cleaning methods you can match with your carpets:
- Wet Cleaning: This uses steam to clean the carpet. It usually starts by applying a chemical solution that will remove the dirt from the carpet. Then the steam is applied to be able to remove the dirt by using a vacuum.
- Absorbent Pad: This isn’t something that cleans a carpet well, but it is something that is readily available that shows quick results. If ever something spills during a dinner party you can just get your absorbent pad and dab away until the stain goes away.
Hopefully, after reading this, it will help you with your future purchases of carpets and the cleaning carpets seems easier to you now. Always remember the importance of a clean carpet is vital to your health and the cleanliness of your home.